Title: Office Manager Location: Boston, MA
Start Date: July 2020 Website: http://icic.org
Salary: starting at $47,500 commensurate with experience Contact: Oksana Bondar
The Initiative for a Competitive Inner City (ICIC) is a national not-for-profit organization founded in 1994 by Harvard Business School Professor Michael Porter to promote economic development in the nation’s most under-resourced communities. At ICIC, you will work with talented and committed professionals in an inclusive culture dedicated to excellence and innovation.
The Office Manager is a motivated professional who ensures smooth office operations, manages IT and equipment, coordinates internal meetings, and contributes to a welcoming collaborative atmosphere at the organization. This is a full-time position reporting to the Chief Financial Officer. Due to COVID-19 pandemic, the person in this position will start working primarily remotely with expectations of eventually working in the office.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Technology support (40%)
- Liaise with IT service provider and monitors resolution of technology support tickets
- Maintains hardware, software, and account inventory
- Oversees office equipment such as laptops, printers, and video cameras
- Provide basic troubleshooting support for phones, internet and equipment
- Office management (30%)
- Orders and maintains office supplies, snacks and office furniture
- Fields, directs, and responds to incoming communication
- Sorts and distributes incoming and outgoing mail
- Ensures order and cleanliness of common areas
- Collaborates and coordinates with property managers and/or contractors on any repair work needed in the office
- Maintain org-wide documentation such as employee contact list, org chart etc.
- Onboards new employees with equipment and office orientation
- Other duties as needed
- Scheduling and coordination (10%)
- Schedule and setup staff and management team meetings
- Organize logistics of staff outings and volunteer events
- Supports the CEO with scheduling as needed
- Vendor management (10%)
- Oversees contracts with utility and maintenance providers
- Tracks and approves invoices from office-related vendors
- Other tasks and projects as needed (10%)
Desired Experience and Qualifications:
- Strong organizational, multitasking and prioritization skills
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent computer skills and an ability to quickly learn new platforms
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Flexibility, ability to learn, and collaborative attitude
- Commitment to organizational mission
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred, and may be substituted by experience
ICIC is dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse and inclusive organization. We provide equal opportunities for all persons seeking employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, gender identity, family status, sexual orientation, military status, national origin, disability, or any other characteristic as established by law.
The position will remain open until filled, and applications will be considered on a rolling basis. To apply for this position, please submit your resume and a cover letter answering the below questions through our application page.
- Why do you want to work at ICIC? Why are you interested in the Office Manager position?
- Please provide 1-3 specific examples of experience and/or skills you have that apply to this position.
- Is there anything else you would like us to know about your skills and experience, as they relate to this position?